Presenting authors must be registered for the Congress.
All visitors to Australia must have a valid visa.
All visitors should apply for a visa at least three (3) months prior to their intended date of departure. The Congress Secretariat holds no responsibility for visa applications.
Inability to obtain a visa for travel to Australia does not constitute grounds for a refund. Further information about registration refunds can be found here.
Please visit the Department of Home Affairs for further visa information.
Hand Surgery and the Digital Revolution Presentation Guidelines
The Congress relies on speakers’ integrity to present oral and visual material of appropriate content.
Material presented in slides must confirm with Australian professional ethical standards.
The Committee reserves the right to remove congress information and/or to prohibit a presenter from presenting at the Congress if the content of the presenter’s congress information does not adhere to these requirements.
The Congress does not the endorse the use of ‘humours’ material involving nudity, sexist, homophobic or racist commentary. Any speakers with slides or material deemed to contain these type of items will not be allowed to present.
Credit to the Australian Orthopaedic Association for the basis of these guidelines.
Oral Presentation Guidelines
Presentation length and time keeping
- Please refer to the program for the confirmed length of your presentation.
- As a courtesy to other speakers in your session and to ensure the program runs to time, please keep your presentation to your allocated time. Your session chair will provide time alerts and direct the questions.
- Please go to your allocated room 15 minutes before the session start time to meet with the Session Chair and familiarise yourself with the room and AV.
Presentation format and slide ratio
- Your presentation should be saved as a Microsoft office PowerPoint file. If you have created your presentation using Apple Keynote, you will need to save your file as a PowerPoint file.
- The slide ratio for your presentation should be set to 16:9.
Loading your presentation PowerPoint
- A speaker preparation room will be located in ‘Office 2’ at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- Speakers should report to the speaker preparation room at least 2 hours before their scheduled presentation, or the day prior.
- If you are presenting in the first session of a morning, please try to load your presentation the day before.
- Speakers are to bring their presentation on a USB with the file name including their first and last name.
- If you have any video files in your presentation, please have these files saved separately on your USB.
- The Speakers’ Preparation in Office 2 will be open at the below times;
Wednesday 11 March 2020: 07.00 – 16:00
Thursday 12 March 2020: 07:00 – 16:00
Friday 13 March 2020: 07:00 – 16:00
Saturday 14 March 2020: 07:00 – 16:00
Audio visual inclusions
The below audio visual will be provided in all session rooms
- Data/video projector with sound.
- A computer (PC) to which your presentation will be hyperlinked (once submitted to speaker preparation).
- Lectern and microphone.
We do not advise speakers to use their own laptops as this may cause disjoin in the program. We ask all speakers to kindly use the laptop provided and follow the instructions above to load your presentation in the speakers’ preparation room.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
All posters will be digital, displayed on screens in the Exhibition Hall.
- A company called Paperless Events is managing the poster submissions, visit their website to find further information on this process.
- All posters must be submitted in advance via the online platform as per their deadlines
- If you require any support for your digital poster please contact:
How do I register?
Via our registration page.
Can I attend sessions?
Yes, full registered delegates can attend all sessions. If you have a 1 or 2 day registration you can only attend on the day you have selected.
Can I attend Social Functions?
A ticket to the Welcome Reception and the Congress Gala Dinner are included with full registration.
RSVP is required via the only registration form and entry will be by ticket only.
1 or 2 day registrants can purchase tickets to the social function through the registration form.
Can I use my own laptop for presentation?
In order to facilitate the smooth running of the presentations and to ensure sessions don’t run overtime it is preferred that the congress equipment is utilised. If you do need to use your own laptop, please note that only a standard HDMI connection will be provided on the lectern. If you have a Mac you will need to bring your own connection cord or adapter. We suggest that you visit the Speakers’ Preparation Room at least 2 hours prior to your session with your laptop to test.
Do I need to send a copy of my oral presentation prior to the Congress?
No, please take a copy of the presentation on USB to the Congress and visit the Speakers’ Preparation Room at least 2 hours prior to your talk. The technicians will then load your presentation accordingly and hyperlink to your presentation room. If you are speaking first up in the morning, you can load your presentation with the Speakers’ Presentation Room when you arrive onsite for the day.
How long is my presentation?
Please refer to the program for the confirmed length of your talk.
Who can I contact for further questions?
If you have any questions relating to your presentation, poster display or the Congress in general please contact;
PO Box 5005
Ph: +61 (0) 3 9682 0500